Our Thoughts On The Rockville RSG12
Topics Covered On This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Rockville RSG12 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 12″ – Wattage RMS: 500 – Wattage Total: 1000 –Dimensions 16.5″ x 14″ x 27″ – Weight: 30.7 lbs
- Tapered Shape – The Rockville RSG12 speaker is made into a tapered trapezoidal shape. This shape is unique because it can produce a generous, clear, sound dispersion that offers accuracy and authentic tones. In addition, there is a pole mount conveniently located on the cabinet which makes this speaker easy to set up in a variety of venues.
- Multiple Inputs – When you are a DJ or a music industry professional, you will find that you can never have enough input options. The Rockville RSG12 speaker has multiple inputs that include two connectors, ¼ inch in/out, as well as a speak on connection. The reason that these inputs are ideal is that they allow the user to coordinate with existing equipment.
- Highly Efficient – As with any other Rockville product, you can expect the equipment to be efficient, durable, and be able to withstand the test of time. This speaker includes a generous amount of power including 1000 watts peak, 750 watts program power, and 500 watts of RMS power. Finally, these speakers are also equipped with 60 Oz magnets so you can rest assured that you will not be without a source of power while these speakers are in use.
Most consumers find that they want to spend the least amount of money but get the most product. This can be difficult to accomplish when shopping for speaker equipment but it is not impossible. The Rockville RSG12 passive speaker provides a great deal of highly efficient features at an affordable price point.
What We Like
When you shell out good money for equipment, you certainly want to make sure that you like the item you are buying and that you will enjoy using it. The Rockville RSG12 passive speaker offers several features that will ensure that your money is being well spent.
- Ergonomic Handles – This lightweight speaker is easy to transport in between gigs due to the ergnomic handles and carrying case. The convenience of the recessed handles and the carrying case make it so you don’t have to worry about needing additional assistance when loading or unloading your vehicle.
- Generous Frequency Response – The generous frequency response is 45Hz – 22 kHz with a sensitivity of 99dB @ 1w/1m. The 8-Ohm impedance and 2” high-temperature aluminum voice coil add to the robust and generous range of sound that can be produced by this speaker.
- Lightweight – Weighing around 30 pounds, this speaker provides a great deal of sound for the size of the unit. The steel grill, steel corner protectors, and rubber feet make this speaker durable and ready to take on the road.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
With an affordable price tag, you may not trust that this speaker can be used for professional gigs. However, the truth of the matter is that you don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on equipment to be a successful DJ or entertainer.
This speaker is ideal for DJs, musicians, bands, and other industry entertainers who are looking for a way to entertain a medium-sized crowd. Whether you want to host a karaoke night at a campground or you want to DJ a small wedding reception, the Rockville RSG12 speaker will surprise you with its tenacity and robust sound.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Professional and hobbyists alike rave about this speaker as it provides a great sound while being easy to setup and manuever in between gigs. The versatility that is provided by the Rockville RSG12 speaker is unique and one that should not be overlooked. Whether you are seeking a great speaker to use outdoors or indoors, you will have success with the Rockville RSG12.
It is important to note that this speaker is passive so you will need to purchase additional equipment if you want to use this speaker with an iPhone or other device.
The Bottom Line
Rockville products are well known for being made with high quality materials at an affordable price point. The RSG12 model is lightweight, provides a generous frequency range, and is easy to transport and setup. Finally, this speaker is available in several sizes and can be used indoors and outdoors.