Our Thoughts On The Pyle PPHP127AI
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Pyle PPHP127AI we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 12″ – Watts RMS: 600 – Watts Peak: 1200 –Dimensions 15.8″ x 19.2″ x 26″ – Weight: 29.4 lbs
- Multiple Connectivity Options – If you want versatility then there are not many options available on the market to compare with this speaker. The Pyle PPHP127AI offers you a variety of connectivity options. There is an inbuilt 30-pin dock for your iPod.
You can also connect your MicroSD card readers and your USB flash drives, and the speaker will directly read and play the files from the devices. Plus, you can connect your laptop computer, phone, or tablet as well using L/R connector or RCA Line input.
There is an XLR Combo input connector for your microphone. You can also link an additional amplifier or speaker using its ¼-inch line and XLR outputs. Hence, you get endless choices with your Pyle PPHP127AI.
- 2-Way Sound – A 2-way speaker is a huge benefit when you know you are going to listen to multiple tracks. Some people prefer to listen to beats with high base while others like tunes with high treble. There are different tracks that need different settings for the best results.
The Pyle PPHP127AI comes with a 12-inch subwoofer that can handle 45 Hz to 50 kHz and a tweeter with a frequency response ranging from 800 Hz to 20 kHz. You can also control these settings with help of the rotary knobs very conveniently.
- LCD Display with Touch Screen – There is an LCD touch screen also installed in the speaker. You can shuffle, loop, or repeat songs using this display. The display can provide you with information about the title of the song along with its duration using the data from ID3 tag song readout. This means you don’t need to use your iPod or laptop to play/stop your tracks.
- Side-Carrying Handles – The speaker also comes with side-carrying sturdy design handles. You can carry your speaker conveniently from one place to another. No need to worry about putting your hands on delicate knobs. These handles will make it easy for you to carry the 42-pound speaker very easily without any assistance.
- Overcurrent Protection – The Pyle PPHP127AI comes with protections against overcurrent. This protection keeps your equipment safe from excessive currents beyond the acceptable rating of equipment. It means your speaker won’t be burnt down from surges and excessive currents in case of short circuit.
What We Like
- Rugged – Pyle has used good quality materials for this speaker. The speaker has a very sturdy design and build. It is made of highly durable ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) which is a good quality thermoplastic polymer with a glass transition of 105°C. The body of the speaker is very strong and you can conveniently use it indoors or outdoors.
To add to that, there is a protective grill cover made of the metal as well. This grill serves to be the shock absorber for the speaker. The rugged build of the speaker enables it to stand the test of time, and offer good durability.
- LED Indicator Lights & Rotary Controls – The speaker features two LED indicator lights that display the current operations of the speaker. These are good quality rotary controls which enable you to take charge of the music.
You can alter treble, bass, a microphone, and the main volume controls. If you want to use the LCD to control tracks you can do so with the touch screen or the remote. However, there is nothing better than good old manual knobs, for giving you the feeling that you are turning it up.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The Pyle PPHP127AI is best suited for the people who love to have fun. It is the best option for those backyard pool parties or barbeques. You can use it for casual listening if you want, but a simple MP3 player can do the job effectively.
It is also a good option for DJs in the clubs. It can also be used for performances on stage at a school. Above all, the speaker is travel-ready which means you can place it in the back of your car and start listening to the songs, you love while driving to your favorite destination. Thus, you can take it to your campsite and have fun there over a bonfire.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Most customers said the Pyle PPHP127AI has an excellent sound, and they love its portability. Another feature that they like is the ability to play a huge collection of songs with ease.
Some of them experience lower sound than what they were expecting, but overall most of the customers have posted positive reviews about the speaker. Many users have used this speaker in the outdoors, and they say that the unit is very strong and convenient to move from one place to another.
The Bottom Line
All in all, the Pyle PPHP127AI is one of the better options that money can buy. It comes at a very convenient price and has plenty of features to offer. There are numerous connectivity options to play your audio files, and the speaker also features a touchscreen display with remote control for easy access. The speaker has good, sturdy construction and an outstanding 2-way sound. With the rotary knobs, you can manually control the bass and treble, and you can also connect a host of other devices.