Our Thoughts On The Pioneer XPRS15
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Pioneer XPRS15 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 15″ – Watts RMS: 1200 – Watts Peak: 2400 –Dimensions 32.5″ x 20.5″ x 19.5″ – Weight: 74 lbs
- Full Range Sound: – If you’re someone who is always on the go, but someone who is very into the music scene, a portable and powerful speaker system is an absolute must. Constantly travelling and being unable to hear every distinct sound effect and instrument in your music is almost daunting. For example, bands in the ambient or experimental genre – their music almost relies on the equipment of the listener to sound the absolute best it can. Without, you’ll be left with music that’s seemingly lifeless.
Thanks to the 15-inch ferrite LF driver and the 1.75-inch titanium diaphragm compression driver that is equipped into this speaker, you won’t have to leave your music as background noise. You’ll be able to enjoy every beat, strum, and ambient effect in the song.
- Afast Acoustic Tube: – Playing on the quality of sound, the Afast acoustic tube allows the beautifully constructed cabinet to absorb the sound waves, allowing a better response that sounds well-rounded and much more natural. There’s nothing worse than buying a pair of headphones or a set of speakers and hearing a tinny-type muffled sound.
- Advanced Protection: – Let’s face it – if you’re an audio connoisseur, you probably like to jam a bit loud sometimes. You don’t want to ruin the speaker and blow it out, do you? Thankfully, the Pioneer prepares for even the heaviest rocker, coming pre-equipped with driver protection, as well as power supply and amp protection. You’ll be able to consistently listen to the quality audio.
- Portability for the Price: – We all know that portable speakers can be much cheaper, but also sound horrible. Thankfully the Pioneer prepares for those wanderlust fans and caters to bringing quality sound to everyone. Not just those who like to listen to the Nostalgic sounds of their teenage-hood when they’re home alone. Kick cords to the curb and welcome the portability of the Pioneer XPRS15 with open arms.
What We Like
- Rich tones: – After listening to one song of each genre, we concluded that the tones were gorgeous and warm, without compromising how the song was supposed to sound.
- The stability: – Most speakers that are portable are built to be as light as possible – not to sound as fantastic as premium speakers. Pioneer wasn’t afraid to build heavy and build to last, as this single speaker weighs a bit more than 44lbs. The beautiful and solid birchwood is partially to blame, but it’s a great material to use to aid in providing a wholesome and rich sound – no matter what genre you’re listening to.
- Onboard EQ modes: – There are some people that can set up a speaker and be 100% okay with the out-of-the-box sound; however, people like myself enjoy tweaking our music experience to exactly what we like. With the four onboard equalization modes that include flat, speed, wedge, and Bass+, you can do exactly that. I thought each mode perfectly lowered and heightened the levels, and I didn’t have to over or under compensate the adjustments.
Most audio fiends will tell you that you should listen to music with headphones to get the best and most warm sound possible. Thanks to the Pioneer XPRS15, you just don’t have to do that anymore. Let’s check out our favorite parts of listening to this portable audio dream:
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The Pioneer XPRS15 isn’t just for the average computer user that may need speakers to listen to YouTube every now and then. It’s a speaker designed for intermediate and advanced music listeners that absorb each and every note. Whether you make music yourself or enjoy taking apart each and every decibel of a song, the Pioneer XPRS15 is a fantastic purchase.
You might be nervous about what environment this speaker is best suited for. Thankfully, you don’t have to build an egg-crate wall around your room just to listen to the audio as it should be heard. Built for all types of environments, this Pioneer speaker has reached the peak of powerful and portable performances.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Those that own a company that may have to use a PA system for small events may benefit from this speaker the most. Maybe you’re holding a small conference of sorts, and you’re in a hall with a small to medium capacity. If you won’t need multiple speakers, then this Pioneer system is for you – bringing portability and crisp audio quality directly to your audience.
A bit heavy and unpractical for those that want to buy a speaker for computer use, the Pioneer may not have the green light when it comes to residential computer usage; however, this is a fantastic choice for those that like to entertain in their home.
The Bottom Line
If you aren’t super picky about sound quality and you don’t entertain or travel much, there’s really no reason to purchase this speaker; however, if you love the quality of your soundtracks and want to get pro headphone-like quality without listening on headphones, this speaker is great for you.