Our Thoughts On The Pioneer S-DJ50X
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Pioneer S-DJ50X we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 5″ – Watts RMS: N/A – Watts Peak: 80 –Dimensions 16.1″ x 13.5″ x 11.7″ – Weight: 14.95 lbs
- Powerful Magnet and Bi-Amp Circuit – The S-DJX series specializes in the reproduction of the original audio source. You are able to get as close as you can get to the original sound that you are trying to make come out the speaker. This is unlike other speakers where you plug in and get an unnatural sound. The Bi-amp circuit gives off a strong bass and won’t leave your music sounding weak.
- Three Different Inputs – The S-DJ50X allows 3 different types of inputs for you to connect your other DJ equipment. There are XLR, RCA, and TRS inputs available. This should give you plenty of room to plug in other devices including computers and mobile phones.
- Reliable Heat Sink – A heat sink is a device or mechanism that will take the heat being produced from the other parts of the electronical equipment and transfer it to the heat sink. It will then get rid of the heat usually by air or liquid.
The shape of this speaker’s heatsink sink gives the speaker a great way to eliminate the heat it produces from being switched on. The speaker’s heat sink can also help remove annoying noise and hum that can sometimes be heard of speakers of a lower quality. Any noise and hum can be an extremely frustrating for a DJ who is trying to mix music.
- Auto Standby Mode – The speaker includes an auto standby mode which can save electricity and pro-long the lifespan of the speaker. The auto standby mode will activate when it is unable to detect any input signal after 25 minutes. The speaker can also automatically turn on and start working immediately when it detects any input.
What We Like
- Multiple Inputs – The S-DJ50X has three different inputs. This can be very useful if you might have a lot of DJ equipment. I think that any speakers that give the option to have multiple inputs is a huge plus.
Sometimes it’s hard to have everything in one place and it can be very frustrating to use equipment that only has one type of input.
- Compact, Light, and Powerful – I really enjoy that this speaker is not too big and doesn’t weigh that much. Its dimensions are 197mm in width x 301 mm in height x 262 mm in depth. It only weighs 6.5kg! This can really help in the setting up and taking down of the equipment. This can also allow you to transport this speaker virtually anywhere, without any strain or concern about being able to move and carry it.
- Multiple Voltages – This speaker has the power to be on the 100 voltage – 120 voltage ranges and also the 220 – 240 voltage ranges. This is a great feature, as you don’t need to worry about buying or using multiple electricity adaptors for when you may be in a country that uses a different voltage!
The only thing I wish is that it would do this automatically. I must know which country accepts which voltage and manually switch it on the voltage selector on the back of the speaker.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
Due to the size and weight of this speaker it is suitable for most people and occasions. Weighing in at only 14.95 pounds, the speaker is easily carried to and from where you need it. Therefore, whether you are a DJ, music recording artist or just someone that need a speaker for their friend’s party, the Pioneer S-DJ50X is a great choice.
However, if you require more than one speaker for your event, then maybe this is not the best choice for you as this particular model is only one speaker rather than the usual pair you will be used to receiving when buying monitor speakers.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
It is a perfect speaker, especially for a beginner DJ that isn’t ready to invest a lot of money. Having just one speaker would be more than sufficient to begin with. It produces excellent sound quality while being compact at the same time.
This is probably one of the best DJ speakers I have found for the price. There are higher quality speakers out there, but the price of this speaker is fairly reasonable and you won’t need to invest much money if you are just starting out as a DJ.
One of these speakers is enough for up to a large house party, however I think for any larger sort of venue at least 2 speakers would be needed to accommodate that sort of space. Don’t get me wrong, one speaker is plenty powerful for anything small or more enclosed, but I don’t believe it is powerful enough on its own for a big space or a large amount of people.
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a powerful speaker that isn’t high-end in expense but is high-end in performance, this speaker could be right for you. This speaker would be great for a DJ just starting out, or a great addition to your current DJ set up. The lightweight and compact size make it ideal for moving your it around. The multiple inputs give you the freedom you deserve to have while you are performing your sets.