Our Thoughts On The Pioneer RM -07
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Pioneer RM -07 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 6.5″ – Watts RMS: N/A – Watts Peak: 150 –Dimensions 13.2″ x 14″ x 17.7″ – Weight: 31.9 lbs
- Accurate Point Source Monitoring – One of the selling points of the speaker is the coaxial driver units. These units put the tweeter and the woofer on the same axis. What this does for you is that it ensures that all audio emanates from a single point source. This enables a more accurate sound that is true to the original audio. Apart from that, the waveguide featured on this speaker helps to minimize the interference between the two drivers for a crisp sound.
- Precise High Frequencies – Also included with the speaker is a 1.5-inch aluminum hard domed tweeter. The tweeter including the diaphragm is custom designed to ensure only the most precise high frequencies.
- AFAST Acoustic Tube – The technology Pioneer DJ includes works using an acoustic tube inside the cabinet to absorb all standing wave. This ensures an improved acoustic response.
- Tight Bass Response – Another feature includes an aramid fiber woofer that ensures a tight bass response. The unit is designed in such a way so as to reduce air friction and deliver a clear and crisp bass.
- Flexibility and Control: – The speaker has 4 presets for the 3-band (Low/Med/High) EQ it possesses. This allows you to tailor the sound to your needs. Moreover, it offers two unbalanced and balanced input ports that provide you with more flexibility and simplicity.
The Pioneer RM-07 is jam-packed with different features that render it a premium-quality DJ Speaker set. These features are:
What We Like
- Durability: – Overall, we found that the cabinets were quite rigid and durable. They were made from die-cast aluminum and had rounded off corners which impart an attractive look to them. The rigidity and sturdiness of the cabinet mean that you can play it at the highest volume without worrying about it vibrating or moving too much.
- Energy Saving: – Another feature that we loved was the auto standby mode. The speaker automatically turns itself off when there is no signal input for at least 25 minutes. However, as soon as a signal is sent, it turns itself on quickly. This conserve a lot of energy and helps cut corners on your electric bills.
- Sound Accuracy: – One of the biggest challenges with most speakers is the sound accuracy. However, we were pleasantly surprised with the accuracy on this unit. The accuracy is independent on the tweeter, so you can mount the tweeter anywhere you like. We found that it reproduced the sound quality quite accurately.
The Pioneer DJ RM-07 matches the well-known brands in pro monitoring. However, still, to determine the true quality of the speaker, you must test these out for yourself.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The DJ speakers, due to their high quality are best suited for professional and performing DJs. These speakers can also be used by music producers, audio engineers, composers, and even songwriters. They are perfect for all small and mid-sized personal studios and music studios.
Their highly accurate sounds allow them to be used in concerts as well as in musical control rooms. Apart from that, even amateur audiophiles can use them as well because they are quite easy to operate. So, rest assured, whether you’re a professional or a hobbyist, these speakers will be your perfect partners.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Most users were quite pleased with the value for money this product offers. They were pleased to find the high quality of sound the speaker produces while others seemed to praise the sound accuracy. Some users seem to like the heavyweight design and said that this enabled them to play sounds at higher volume. The overall quality was quite solid and rigid.
In fact, most users seemed to love the aluminum and rigid cabinet. They found that the resonance was quite reduced.
However, some users found that the single unit was quite insufficient. When paired with other speakers, the audio seemed to be quite a mess. So, most of them warned others to use it as a single unit or pair it with another RM-07
The Bottom Line
The RM-07 is appealing in both construction and design. Furthermore, they embrace a pro monitoring solution and genuinely innovate too. As the tweeters are mounted in the woofers, thus, something with a tangible audio boost as well. They provide an engaging sound, neither too laid back nor too forceful, and considered for professional monitoring if you would like to get the mix right.
So, whether you plan on playing big Booming low sounds or stinging high sounds, the RM-07 will be a great choice!