Our Thoughts On The Pioneer RM -05
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Pioneer RM-05 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 5″ – Watts RMS: N/A – Watts Peak: 100 –Dimensions 11.7″ x 12.6″ x 15.9″ – Weight: 24.5 lbs
- Accurate Point Source Monitoring – The Pioneer RM-05 has HD coaxial driver units which ensure that audio from the woofer and tweeter originate from a focal point. This feature adds accuracy to the sound along with good response across the audio frequencies.
- AFAST Acoustic Tube – Pioneer’s patented Acoustic Filter Assisted System Tuning technology warrants high-quality and clear sound. The Pioneer RM-05 monitor speaker’s acoustic tube is located inside the bass reflex port and cabinet is responsible for absorbing any standing waves, which improves the response in the low and mid ranges.
- Precise High Frequencies – The speaker’s 1.5” aluminum hard domed tweeter is specifically designed to deliver precise and rousing high-frequency sound of up to 50 kHz. The tweeter’s design is essential for added frequency response.
- Tight Bass Response – The 5” Pioneer RM-05’s woofer is made of aramid fiber to give excellent low-frequency sound and a tight bass response too. The grooved bass reflex system is front-loaded and is critical in reducing air friction to produce a clean bass, even when placed against an obstacle.
- Excellent Signal to Noise Ratio – This monitor speaker is also designed with custom class AB bi-amplifiers to guarantee balance across the sound spectrum. Its power source is the exclusive toroidal transformer, which reduces sound distortion to maintain a high signal to noise ratio.
What We Like
- Rigid Cabinets – The Pioneer RM-05 monitor speaker’s cabinet is made of die-cast aluminum. Its beautiful curved shape ensures minimum external refraction, maximum rigidity, and reduced resonance at any volume.
- Flexibility and Control – This speaker is fitted with a 3-band equalizer which is for the low, mid, and high range. Further, it has four general pre-sets for each band. These pre-sets enable the user to tailor the speaker’s sound for specific scenarios and surroundings. It also has additional balanced and unbalanced input ports that provide simplicity and flexibility in any environment.
- External Design and Features – On its lower surface, the speaker is fitted with four legs and six cushions to provide stability and absorb shock in case it falls.
- Easy to Move Around – Weighing about 27.12 pounds, the Pioneer RM-05 is not as heavy as other speakers and is therefore easy to move from place to place. This speaker’s position can, therefore be adjusted to suit the user’s preference.
- Compact and Clear Sound – The pro-audio technology used in the design of this monitor speaker delivers a high sound pressure level. This gives a neutral and superior sound with distinct separation across frequencies. This feature makes the Pioneer RM-05 the perfect companion for near-field monitoring of high-resolution sounds, especially in studios.
Additionally, the Pioneer RM-05 monitor speaker has a front clip indicator that protects against excessive input.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
This monitor speaker is aimed straight at the studio. It is, therefore, suitable for music producers who spend hours in the studio trying to achieve that unique and clear sound. Producers would also go for this speaker for its zero-resonance owing to its aluminum cabinet. The small size of the speaker is also perfect for fitting into any studio size, even the small ones.
DJs will also find this speaker handy whenever they are in action. Its AFAST acoustic tube helps absorb standing waves, giving more accurate low and mid-range sounds. The high-tech grooves on the speaker’s bass duct prevent reverberations. DJs can still use this speaker in small rooms, and they can still accomplish near-field monitoring of high-res sounds. It always gives a quality bass even when placed against the wall.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
The design features and technology used in the manufacture of the Pioneer RM-05 have impressed most customers. The TAD labs technology makes the speaker likable due to the excellent sound it produces. Customers have been quick to recognize and appreciate the amount of work that Pioneer have put in producing this speaker. For most customers, it is a great choice especially for those who value the low frequency sound while listening to music.
Music lovers have also taken note of the clarity and phase-coherency of this monitor speaker and have been left wondering how Pioneer could achieve this. Some customers understand that this has been achieved by the company designing and building every component of the speaker by themselves.
The Bottom Line
The Pioneer RM-05 is a masterpiece. Several technologies have been combined to come up with this speaker that guarantees low resonance and zero reverberation of sound waves. The weight-size factor of this speaker is of major concern to most people. As much as this speaker is convenient in moving from place to place, it still is heavy equipment.
The design aspect of this monitor speaker aims at reducing any sound-distorting factors. It also focuses on eliminating as much noise as possible to give high-quality and clear sound. The Pioneer RM-05 is worth every dollar you invest in it. Given the balance in pricing and superiority of the sound, this speaker is an excellent choice for DJs, music producers, and audiophiles who value modulated sound.