Our Thoughts On The Pioneer BULIT8
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Pioneer BULIT8 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 8″ – Watts RMS: N/A – Watts Peak: 160 –Dimensions 14.7″ x 15.6″ x 20.6″ – Weight: 30.1 lbs
- High-Quality Sound – For those of you producing music, you will have an accurate impression of how your tracks will translate to any system used in a club, thanks to the powerful low-frequency representation and industry-quality tweeter. As an active system, the bi-amplification also ensures cleaner overall sound reproduction.
The manual equalizer system, accessible from the back panel, means you can easily adjust the system to suit the specific timbre of your tunes and acoustics of your room.
The speaker also has a wide frequency range of 40 – 20000Hz, so you won’t miss out on some of the sounds that are often lost with other speaker systems
- Design – The Pioneer BULIT8 has been carefully designed to optimize sound quality. The front-facing aramid fiber woofer with a medium-density fibreboard bass-reflex enclosure ensures exceptional bass output. The mid to high range frequencies have also been well represented by the 1’’ soft dome tweeter and convex diffuser from TAD, ensuring wider imaging.
The attention to design details is further exhibited by the groove technology at the port hole. Bass and mid-bass output and quality are improved by the grooves that direct the sound waves and minimize standing waves.
- Practicality – Multiple inputs, including terminals for 1 RCA (unbalanced), 1 TRS (1/4’’ jack), and 1 XLR (balanced) means you can accommodate whatever monitoring setup you have.
On the back panel, they have installed a standby switch. “Turning” on standby means you do not have to switch off the speaker and can conserve energy. The speaker will switch on automatically when it receives input again.
What We Like
- Level Adjustment – When we tried the speaker in the office, our attention was immediately drawn to the quality of the bass. When messing around with the EQ, we could adjust the high-pass level output through the equalizer that is built into the system. Being able to tailor your music output like this is hugely satisfying as it allows you to listen to your music the way you feel your equipment best represents it, and also to suit your environment.
- Range and Peak Integrity – With systems of this size one generally fears losing headroom when increasing volume. For those of you who are new to the world of sound equipment, signal peaks such as the sound of a snare drum and a kick drum can fade if there isn’t enough power in the system. For our needs the Wattage was ideal and we were impressed that there was no distortion or clipping during peaks in the music.
We were very impressed with the sound quality and also enjoyed the refined design details. The monitor not only looks stylish but does your music justice.
We always have liked Pioneer’s products, and the Pioneer DJ Bulit8 is no exception.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
Pioneer specifically designed this monitor speaker with music production in mind. Whether you are mixing as a hobby or creating electronic music professionally, this active system can do your tunes justice.
DJs will also be impressed with not only the quality of the sound production but also the volume and rounded bass quality. The EQ controls allow you to adjust the frequencies to suit your tracks and space perfectly.
Because this is an active system with two internal amplifiers, you don’t have the added pressure of finding your own amp that will collaborate well with the speaker
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
It is rare for us not to have one single negative review on a product, but this active reference studio monitor has accomplished just that. Customers love this system and especially appreciate the attention to detail.
For example, there is a layer of foam at the bottom of the speaker that reduces vibration and therefore helps to maintain sound quality. Also, the auto standby switch is very handy because you no longer have to switch the speaker on and off; it does so automatically.
The Bottom Line
You can’t go wrong with these speakers. Just on face value, they look great with a neat, stylish design. Time and attention have gone into the materials used, and they have nailed the balance between form and function.
Regarding the specs, the Pioneer DJ Bulit8 over-delivers for a speaker in this price range. The bi-amp ensures a more accurate frequency response. Being an active monitor, you don’t have to source an amplifier and crossover only to find out that they don’t match your system anyway.
Having EQ level adjusters means you can easily tune the speaker to your acoustics, and the wattage allows for decent sound quality.