Our Thoughts On The Pioneer BULIT5
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Pioneer BULIT5 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 6″ – Watts RMS: N/A – Watts Peak: 80 –Dimensions 11.8″ x 13.5″ x 16.5″ – Weight: 10 lbs
- Auto Standby Option – What is the one thing that nearly all of today’s electronics have that gives users peace of mind when it comes to power management? The ability for the device to go to enter sleep mode when it is idle, that’s what. The Pioneer BULIT5 also has this very feature. Not only will the speaker instantly turn off after being idle for 25 minutes, it will also turn back on by itself if it notices an input after being turned off. Very few DJ speakers that we have encountered possess this feature.
- Class AB Bi Amp – speakers are composed of two major parts that produce its sound: Tweeters and woofers. Most of the time, DJ speakers power up both of these at the same time, since most DJ speakers do come in pairs. Because the DJ Bulit 5S is a solitary standalone speaker, it has the ability to power them separately, making it easier to detect certain sounds. Because this particular DJ speaker is designed for people who want to create their own music, this can prove useful.
- Convex Diffuser – The convex diffuser this speaker contains disperses the sound energy in both directions instead of just one direction. This not only creates a stereo effect, it also combines with the Bi Amp to allow whoever listens to it to detect certain sounds necessary to edit and produce music.
What We Like
- The Auto Standby Option – This option will be mentioned quite a bit in this guide, because it deserves a lot of praise. Speakers can use a lot of power, and the fact that the DJ Bulit 5S has this kind of option is particularly useful if the speaker is used as a personal speaker for PC or a television when using the RCA input. Most of the, when a speaker is used in this manner it is left alone for 25 minutes.
- Multi Connectivity – The fact that the DJ Bulit 5S speaker has several uses speaks to its versatility. Using it as a speaker for a television is a really nice option, because although most soundbars create the same quality of sound, they are not really easy to carry around and they often require complicated connections. This particular speaker has an RCA input, so it is easy to connect it to a television via an auxiliary cord. The TRS and XLR inputs also speak well to its versatility.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
Anyone who wants to use the DJ Bulit 5S speaker as a replacement for a soundbar in their television, and anybody who owns a home studio who is interested in producing music will get a lot out of it. It can connect to DJ equipment as well as a computer, and it will allow anybody who is producing music to be able to hear exactly what they need to hear when creating tracks. Because the frequency and the equalizer functions can be manipulated from the back of the speaker, it is much easier to do such a thing.
Although it sounds unconventional, this particular speaker can also be used at private parties and other social events in a small setting. Although it is small, the DJ Bulit 5S yields up to 107 dB of sound, which provides more than enough volume for a house party or even an outside barbecue. It all goes back to the fact that it has an RCA connection; it is easy to plug this speaker in, connect it to a computer or television’s auxiliary input, and enjoy decent sound.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Buyers cannot get enough of the auto standby option, saying that it is extremely rare for speakers like this to have an auto standby option. They say that it is really nice that they do not need to worry about turning the speaker off, and they enjoy the fact that it can just go to sleep when it’s not being used.
Another thing that buyers enjoy about the DJ Bulit 5S is the groove technology. One user who mixes music as a hobby explains that it can be placed against a wall without the fear of encountering standing waves that can alter the sound coming from the speakers. Some other speakers run this risk, and the fact that this risk is not an issue with the DJ Bulit 5S is very desirable.
The Bottom Line
When summing up the Pioneer Bulit 5 the main standout points are its flexibility and power. For a studio monitor speaker this particular model is powerful allowing it to produce loud and high-quality sound without breaking the speakers over time. This is ideal as it is an easily portable set of speakers that can be used in different environments. Whether you need it as an extra in your DJ set, to use it in your recording booth or just want to use it at a party, this set of studio monitor speakers can be flexible to fit the event you need it for.