Our Thoughts On The Peavey DM 112
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Peavey DM 112 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 12″ – Watts RMS: 0 – Watts Peak: 2000 –Dimensions 16.9″ x 25.19″ x 14.56″ – Weight: 34.17 lbs
- Built-in Fan – Another dynamic duo by Peavey, this speaker set offers many great features but our favorite includes the fan that cools the internal components of the speaker so that they do not overload. In addition, the built in fan helps with reliability, especially with long performances.
- Versatile Setup – Another great feature is that these speakers can be used angled on the side as floor monitors or mounted for overhead use. Even though they weigh about 80 pounds, they are also able to be pole mounted.
- Customization – Another great feature to appreciate is that the user preset EQ settings allow for customization and recall at a later date.
- High-Quality Components – A durable steel grille and powder coat finish covers the internal components while the rugged plastic cabinet provides superior overall coverage that will provide protection during transport between gigs. The internal components include a DX14 compression driver and a 1.4 inch titanium diaphragm along with an easy-to-use pole mount that is molded for 1 ⅜” poles.
- 2 Gain Settings – Another great feature is that this speaker offers not one but two gain settings. Simply put, the mic/line switch offers two settings. It is important to note that the thru output is made possible by a male XLR jack and the input is via a combo female XLR.
It is not uncommon for Peavey products to offer a plethora of features, but the peavey dm112 blew us away!
What We Like
- Great Control – We appreciate that you receive a pair of these speakers and that they are so dynamic, versatile, and offer great functionality. The speakers are active and offer a generous 2000W of power from a 2-way bi-amplified analog amp. The ability to control bass, treble, and EQ presets on more than one application is a great focal point. The presets are ideal because they make setting up easy and seamless.
- Self-Cooling – The internal fan is a huge component that makes us love this speaker. The ability to push the speaker to the limit for an extended period of time is made possible because of the internal fan that cools the system down before it overheats.
- Advanced Technology – Peavey equipment is typically built with the highest technological advancements available at the time of manufacturing. The DM112 model includes Peavey’s exclusive Quadratic Throat Waveguide Technology that contributes to the speaker’s ability to produce sound that is uncomprehensive to rivals.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The DM112 speaker model is conducive to professionals who work in the music industry and need the highest quality equipment on the market. Others who would benefit from this speaker mocel include but are not limited to bands, DJs, sound engineers, and other musical artists. With the DM112, you are getting an intense speaker system with an abundance of power and clear, precise, sound.
It is important to note that while this speaker system does offer an internal fan for cooling purposes, it is still important to ensure that other equipment in your setup can withstand being used for a long period of time. This is especially true if you plan to use these speakers in a large dance hall or venue that will require the use of a mixer and other components.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
The mainstream consumer will not be able to take full advantage of this speaker as it is profound and is ideal for professionals working in the music industry. This speaker can be put to the test and pushed to the limit. Another great perk is that this speaker can be used within a house of worship for musical performances and then again in a large dance hall for a DJ gig. There are many ways to use this speaker and it is well worth the investment.
The Bottom Line
You will receive a lot of speaker for your money when you invest in the DM112 model by Peavey. This 2-pack includes a robust, technologically advanced system that offers internal components that ensure a reliable user experience over a long period of time. These speakers can be pushed to the limit and will rarely, if ever falter.