Our Thoughts On The Mackie SRM650
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Mackie SRM650 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specifications:
Speaker Size: 15″ – Watts RMS: 0 – Watts Peak: 1600 –Dimensions 22″ x 28.9″ x 21.9″ – Weight: 46.5 lbs
- Patented Features – There are many great features in the mackie srm650 but one of our favorites is the patented acoustic correction that was developed by the smartest people in the business. The patented acoustic correction feature provides the type of sound that is the epitome of high-definition audio.
- Versatile – This speaker also utilizes a 2-way crossover to help with optimization, reduce feedback and provide the best sound possible. This speaker is perfect for DJ’s, musicians, and instrument soloists as it is simple to set up and provides a great range.
- HD Audio Processing – The SRM series include a patented acoustic correction technology that is unique to the Mackie brand. What this means is that when you invest in the SRM650 model or others within the same lineup, you can rest assured that you are going to receive unmatched sound quality. What makes this speaker so unique is that it includes a precise 2-way crossover, driver time alignment, and phase correction. Each SRM speaker is optimized to be used on stage and will offer a consistent, clear sound each and every performance.
What We Like
- Easy Setup – We love that setup is quick and easy with this speaker. Great tools such as the 4 speaker modes, built-in feedback destroyer, and 2 channel mixer make this a great value for the money. The sound quality that you receive is unlike anything else in this price range.
- Multiple Speaker Modes –The SRM650 model includes multiple speaker modes which means that you can optimize the sound depending on how you want to use the speaker. For example, if you are a DJ, you may want to use a low end to provide your audience with a bump-like experience. However, if you are going to use this speaker as a monitor, you can choose such a setting for on stage use. Finally, you can use this powered PA speaker as a soloist with the solo mode which works best when connecting with a mic and a guitar.
- Destroys Feedback –Have you ever had to toy with a speaker in order to eliminate feedback? It can be quite cumbersome, especially when you are setting up for a gig. The Mackie SRM650 speaker offers a unique feature. All you have to do to destroy unwanted feedback is to push a button that will correct feedback by using up to four narrow 1/16th octave filters.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
This speaker can be used by DJs, musicians, houses of worship, teachers, and independant consumers. The Mackie SRM650 speaker is versatile enough to be used in large or small venues. It is important to note that should you choose to perform in a large venue, it will be in your best interest to use additional DJ speakers and other audio components to offer consistent sound over a wide range.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Many customers who use this speaker for professional use find it to be outstanding as the feedback destroyer is convenient and easy to use. The self-correcting speaker takes the stress out of preparing for a performance as it can easily be handled by the touch of a button. Consumers also boast about this speaker’s fidelity and ability to reach a wide frequency range without distortion.
The Bottom Line
This small, portable, compact, and lightweight speaker packs a big punch and is a great value for the price. With a built-in 2 channel mixer, high definition audio processing, and durable cabinet, this speaker is versatile and can be used by professionals or novices alike.