Our Thoughts On The Mackie C300z
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Mackie C300z we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 12″ – Watts RMS: 0 – Watts Peak: 750 –Dimensions 17″ x 16″ x 28″ – Weight: 46.1 lbs
- Durability – Often times, DJs and musicians find themselves at a loss because their equipment has failed or was damaged during transport. This can be detrimental to one’s self-confidence and can really screw up your mojo when it comes to performing. Because of this, it is important to look for a speaker that is durable and can handle traveling if that is a requirement of your job. The mackie c300z monitor by Mackie is tough and built with handles and an impact resistant enclosure so that you can use this item for years to come whether you are consistently on the road or not.
- Ideal for Travel – Weighing just over 20 pounds, this monitor is great for travel and can be taken virtually anywhere you go for your gigs. The ergonomic handles make it easy to carry. Its lightweight design will allow you to easily load it on an airplane, train, or pack in a vehicle.
- Supreme Sound Quality – With a 1.75” HF compression driver and a 12” LF transducer, your sound quality is bound to be impeccable. The HF compression driver is mounted on a multi-celled aperture which provides a constant directivity horn that produces a 90 by 45 degree dispersion.
What We Like
- Great Compression Driver – We appreciate that this monitor includes a HF compression driver that is mounted to a multi-celled aperture which provides constant directivity of the horn for the wide dispersion of a room at 90 degrees by 45 degrees.
- Excellent Range – In addition to other great features that we have listed, this monitor provides great upper mid-range and high frequencies. The portability and lightweight design make taking this speaker with you a hassle-free experience.
- Ideal Add On Equipment – If you are a musician who is looking for an affordable way to upgrade your equipment, adding this compact, portable monitor to your equipment inventory is the way to go. Doing so will provide clarity, a wider dispersion range, and helpful ergonomics that make setup a breeze.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The Mackie C300z speaker is ideal for any musician who is serious about making music and performing for a crowd. This speaker offers great range and can provide a small to medium-size gathering with good sound quality. Others who benefit from owning this speaker include but are not limited to small club owners, DJs, and sound engineers. If you are interested in a speaker that can be pole-mounted and used as a small full-range PA system, all you have to do is add some subwoofers and you are all set. Some have even gone so far as to use these speakers as passive floor monitors.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Consumers appreciate that these speakers are affordable and made with high-quality components that make them built to last. Other customers rave about this speaker working well with other Mackie products such as the powered mixer. While is it is ideal to pair these speakers with other Mackie equipment, it is certainly not a requirement as they work well as a stand alone speaker system or with other brands.
The Bottom Line
The sound audio equipment marketplace is oversaturated with options which can make choosing the best speaker to be a challenge. With the Mackie C300z, you can count on great sound quality, a decent frequency range, and the ability to use it in a variety of ways. Whether you own a small club, are a DJ, or a musician, this speaker will suit your needs without draining your bank account.