Our Thoughts On The Mackie C200
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Mackie C200 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 10″ – Watts RMS: N/A – Watts Peak: 500 –Dimensions 14″ x 13″ x 23″ – Weight: 26 lbs
- Crowd Pleasing Clarity – The C200 model speaker is a great 2-way portable passive loudspeaker that offers outstanding clarity and a wide dispersion that will allow the entire crowd to hear your music. The speaker is quite compact and loud.
- Great Sound for All – Sometimes buying a speaker can be quite a challenge because what you see is not always what you get. This is most often the case when you set up the speaker for the first time and hope that the entire venue is able to hear your performance. It can be detrimental when a speaker promises a dense and wide range only to find out that the range is actual mediocre at best. The benefit to investing in the Mackie C200 speaker is that the generous dispersion pattern evenly distributes sound across a venue and throughout a crowd.
- Versatility – They can be pole mounted to serve as a small full-range PA system in an intimate club or combined with a subwoofer for a larger venue. Some even choose to use the C200 as a passive floor monitor. The key to the C200 speaker is that it is versatile and can be used for many situations and in a variety of smaller venues. While this speaker is not ideal for a large venue, it can be connected with other speakers to create a great sound experience.
What We Like
- Compact and Small – We love the small, compact design and the amazing, crystal clear sound that comes from such a petite unit. You will be blown away by the quality and level of sound that is produced from the C200.
- Great Cabinet Design – The look of this speaker is unique in that it offers an asymmetrical cabinet that is ideal for acoustic response. The cabinet design is durable and ensures that the sensitive internal components are well protected.
- Impact Resistant Build – As with most Mackie speakers, the C200 model is built with impact resistant components that include a tough, durable, and rugged enclosure combined with sturdy handles, a pole mount, and integrated rigging points.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
Many DJs and musicians find that using these speakers in an outdoor setting as a monitor works best. The reason for this is that this speaker is small, lightweight, and can easily fit on a pole. However, do not let the size make you think that your limited in your ability to perform in larger indoor venues. All you have to do is pair the speaker with a compatible amp and you are all set to perform in a large space.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Customers appreciate the affordable price point, the small size but mighty sound output, and the ease of use. This speaker can be used as a stand alone item in a smaller venue or paired with other sound equipment to create a more robust experience for a larger crowd. Many consumers are pleasantly surprised that a small, compact, and affordable speaker can be so powerful and offer outstanding sound.
The Bottom Line
This portable, precise, passive speaker is made by a great manufacturer that is well known for producing reliable equipment. The Mackie C200 model will not disappoint. Small, but certainly mighty, this speaker is lightweight, portable, and is housed in an asymmetrical cabinet which makes it conducive to acoustic performances. The wide and even dispersion pattern is ideal for any venue and may consumers rave about this speaker being the best bang for your buck!