Our Thoughts On The JBL PRX715
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the JBL PRX715 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specifications:
Size: 15″ – Wattage: 1500 – Dimensions 28″ x 18″ x 15″ – Weight: 48 lbs
Another great speaker by JBL, the PRX715 offers a great balance between size and its ability to perform. The asymmetrical design is great for musicians and DJs alike. Designed to provide the utmost in sound quality and performance, these speakers are the answer when you need something that is not going to back down when you push the volume to the limits. When using the speaker for sound reproduction, you can expect balance. When using the speaker for a live performance, you can expect clear, superior sound at any volume.
- Flexibility – The PRX715 speaker model offers many great features but our favorites include the amplifier input panel that offers XLR and ¼ inch jack compatibility. This is important because it offers flexibility and makes it possible to use with a variety of sound sources without having to hook up a mixer.
- Signals and Overload Lights – Another great feature is that this speaker is equipped with signals and overload lights that indicate when the speaker may become overloaded. Knowing beforehand will allow you to adjust levels without having to pause the performance. Versatility is key when you are a performer and this speaker provides information that can help you prevent a devastating or faulty situation during your live gig.
What We Like
We like that this powered PA speaker is housed in a durable cabinet and can be hung from a ceiling with brackets, set on a floor, or set up on a tripod stand depending on the venue and crowd size. While it does weigh 50 pounds, it can be heavy to set up but it does have the ability to sit on a tripod stand or on the ground.
- Great for Many – Whether you are a musician, DJ, comedian, or some other type of entertainer, this speaker provides great portability and can be used in a variety of ways. Because this DJ speaker is designed with intentional sound reinforcement, even the most challenging of environments can be conquered without a problem.
- Balance – If you require the use of full bandwidth in your sound reproduction, this JBL model can provide balance. Another great feature is that you are able to control and personalize the EQ based on your venue. So, if you are playing live music versus recording in a studio, you can make adjustments with the EQ so that the speaker produces clear sound with little to no distortion.
- Can Be Paired with Other Equipment – Sometimes you will find it necessary to hook up a microphone, subwoofer, mixer, or other equipment to the speaker. The good news is that the JBL PRX715 system can connect directly with a microphone to be used as a PA or it can be paired with a subwoofer to offer a more robust, full-range sound.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
As mentioned above, this speaker is best suited for musicians, DJs, and entertainers of all sorts. Whether you are a novice or a seasoned professional, this speaker will consistently wow you as well as the crowd. The ability to pair this speaker seamlessly with a microphone, subwoofer, and other equipment makes it an item that you will likely hold on to for an extended period of time.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Consumers appreciate that this speaker is powered and can be mounted on a tripod stand. This makes it easy to use as a stage monitor or stand-alone speaker. The cabinet allows for the use of RCA or XLR input which is ideal while traveling on the road. Other consumers rave about the generous headroom and novice users mention that this speaker is far from intimidating to use and is quite simple to figure out.
The Bottom Line
Ease of use, versatility, and inclusive of all types of talent, the JBL PRX715 Speaker is ideal for just about anyone. Novice or professional, this speaker can provide superior sound quality, is easy to use with a microphone, subwoofer, or drum kit, and is perfect for hip hop, reggae, and electronic dance music. To find a speaker that is affordable and offers as much diversity as this model is like finding a needle in a haystack!