Our Thoughts On The JBL PRX425
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the JBL PRX425 we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Size: 15″ – Wattage: 2400 – Dimensions 41.1″ x 16.9″ x 20.5″ – Weight: 74 lbs
JBL is a well known brand for creating speakers for professional or leisure use. However, the PRX425 15” Passive DJ PA Speaker Pair was created specifically for live, professional performances by musicians or DJ’s. These speakers are passive and offer great sensitivity and frequency response that rival more expensive brands. However, unlike other big box brands, JBL strives to provide the best sound quality possible without draining your bank account.
- 2 Speakers for 1 – This speaker system comes as a pair which means that you will receive 2 15” main passive speakers that are built with high quality JBL components in a durable cabinet. Owning 2 speakers is much better than 1 as you can place a speaker on various sides of the room for additional sound coverage. This will ensure that your entire audience can hear your music without having to strain or move around the venue.
- Durable – One of the great benefits to investing in this speaker set is that the internal components are housed within a durable cabinet that has been tested for its strength and ability to withstand bumps and movement. JBL is a reputable brand party because of the quality craftsmanship that is employed when building their speaker products.
- Great Range – Oftentimes a great speaker will state that it can perform up to a significant distance, only for the consumer to later find out that depending on the variables at play, sound coverage can vary significantly. The 18” subwoofer of the speaker set gives you great range and offers superior sound, power, and bandwidth so you can provide a great show for your audience without fault.
What We Like
- Versatility – We appreciate that this speaker pair is versatile and can be used by musicians, DJ’s, schools, nightclubs, or even in a place of worship.
- Customize – As a passive pair of speakers, they are easy to customize and coordinate with a powered mixer or other equipment. It is important to note that this speaker is perfect if you are looking for something that can provide superior stand-alone performance and does not need to be transported from place to place.
- Compatible – Depending on the venue and how large of a crowd you are expecting, you may find yourself wanting to connect to an amplifier or even add speakers to your setup. The beauty of the JBL PRX425 speaker set is that you can easily do this without a hassle.
JBL as a brand is reliable, affordable, and is well known for great quality. The Dual Speaker Set offers a variety of great features including but not limited to versatility, the ability to customize, and can be used alone or with other pieces of sound audio equipment.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
Consumers who are looking to purchase a set of speakers that come in a stand-alone cabinet and will not be moved around very much should consider the JBL PRX425 Dual 15” Passive Speaker Set. A great choice for DJs, bands, and musicians alike, these speakers provide a low-frequency extension and live sound reinforcement that is ideal for vocals and instruments.
It is not surprising that due to so many great features and an affordable price point that these speakers sell out from time to time. If you are set on the JBL PRX425, it is in your best interest to buy them if they are in stock because they won’t be for long as they are a very popular item.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
There are many great perks to owning the JBL PRX425 Dual Speaker set, however, it is important to note that some consumers wish that they could be pole mounted. At this time, they are not made to be pole mount compatible as they are heavy and weigh about 150 pounds.
The Bottom Line
Whether you are a new DJ or a professional that has been in the industry for decades, the JBL PRX425 Dual Speaker Set is a budget-friendly option to consider when you are interested in investing in sound audio equipment that can provide live reinforcement that is great for vocals, instruments, and recorded music.