Our Thoughts On The Bose L1 Compact
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Bose L1 Compact we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 0″ – Watts RMS: 0 – Watts Peak: 0 –Dimensions 16.8″ x 13.2″ x 78.5″ – Weight: 26.9 lbs
- Bose Spatial Dispersion Technology – This technology is unique as it can evenly disperse sound from one end of the stage to the other with little to no distortion, buzzing, or interference in sound quality. What makes this technology unique is that it is only available in Bose equipment.
- Two-Tone Match Channels – In addition to having a 6-speaker line array, the L1 includes a 2-channel mixer with ToneMatch presets preloaded on each channel. This allows you to fill a small room with sound in the matter of a few minutes.
- Setup Positions – Not only does this speaker offer unique technology specifically for Bose products, but it also offers multiple set up positions. This is beneficial because you never know what kind of space you are going to show up to when you are a DJ. Whether you need to collapse this system into a compact design to fit a tight space or you want to fill a room with an extended speaker, you can easily accomplish both goals with the L1.
The Bose L1 Compact speaker system is the most compact in its class and comes with a carrying case that makes transporting from one gig to the next an easy feat to accomplish. Here are additional features that are worth noting:
What We Like
- Integrated System – It goes without saying that the L1 offers many great nuances that other speakers fail to accomplish. One feature, in particular, is the integrated system. The integrated system combines an integrated bass speaker and amplifier along with a built-in mixer to offer 4 inputs and 2 outputs. Further, the ToneMatch presets on each channel allow for the system to be used with a compatible handheld microphone or even an acoustic guitar.
- Different From the Competition –Bose speaker equipment is different from the competition as it is sleek, professional, and reliable equipment that has not changed its brand logo or look in quite a few years. This speaker is unique in that it offers technology that other speakers brands have not yet been able to replicate. The Bose Spatial Diversion technology is a particular feature that distributes sound throughout the audience without a struggle. Even band members on the farthest ends of the stage can benefit from using this speaker as they can hear the music from where they stand.
The real question is, “what’s not to like?” When you buy a Bose product, you are counting on loving every aspect of the speaker as it is not an investment you take lightly. As with all Bose products, there is so much to love about this speaker that we have narrowed it down for you to a few of the best likable features.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
When you are a DJ or a performer, you may spend hours agonizing over the plethora of speakers that oversaturate the marketplace. While fretting about the right speaker is not necessary, it can still be a stressful endeavor. The good news is that Bose has made a great, compact speaker that can travel well and perform just as good.
The Bose L1 Compact Speaker with Carrying Case is ideal for a DJ who is on the road but tends to perform to smaller, intimate crowds. Further, this speaker is conducive to being used in classrooms, business presentations, local events and crowd gatherings, or in musical performances. The versatility and ability to use this speaker in just about any way you can think of is what makes it one of the best buys on the market.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Customers love Bose products and the L1 is no different. Consumers are elated at the number of possibilities in which you can use this speaker. Others boast of the ease of setup and the superior sound quality that they can expect to receive from the Bose brand of products. Finally, many consumers appreciate that these speakers are compact and do not block the view of a stage. This is particularly important for fans who enjoy the front row, up close and personal, seat.
While there are many great benefits to the L1, it is important to mention that DJs who are going to perform for a crowd larger than 100 patrons should invest in a speaker system that is more robust and can handle a higher frequency of sound dispersion.
The Bottom Line
Bose has been able to stay within the top standings in the sound equipment industry with very limited marketing, new technology, or new products hitting the shelves. The reason for this is that their reputation, built on quality, has continued to hold steady as do their great products. The L1 speaker system is no different which is one of the reasons it is such a big success.