Our Thoughts On The Behringer Eurolive B208D
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Behringer Eurolive B208D we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 8″ – Watts RMS: 0 – Watts Peak: 200 –Dimensions 8.1″ x 9.8″ x 14.7″ – Weight: 14.99 lbs
- Powerful – The class-D amplifier technology is quite noteworthy as it offers a great deal of power, sonic performance, and uses very little power in the process. The sound processor allows for the integration of system controls and helps to protect the internal components of the speaker system. In addition to being highly powerful, this speaker can be used for live situations or for instances where playback is the priority. For great mids and an articulate top-end, this speaker is bound to impress!
- Lightweight Design – This speaker weighs under 15 pounds and still produces great sound quality. Made in Germany, Behringer products are made with the best components that are lightweight and won’t take away from the sound quality. Because the speaker is so lightweight, you can count on a dynamic power to speaker size ratio. What makes these speakers so powerful is the 2 high-current amplifiers that produce an output of 550-watts.
- Custom-Designed Transducers – Custom-Designed Transducers – The behringer eurolive b208d transducers include woofers and tweeters where most other manufacturer’s omit parts of a sound system to cut corners. Other competitors will simply buy cheap off-the shelf transducers and plug them in and call them a custom-design. Behringer creates their transducers from scratch which guarantees high quality and superior sound.
What We Like
- Instant PA System – You don’t need much to make this speaker into a PA system. All you need to do to accomplish this endeavor is to add a microphone or a MP3 player to the single class D series loudspeaker and you have a PA system. The built-in preamp makes it convenient to adjust the volume and for those that need additional coverage, all you have to do is use the link output XLR connector with additional active loudspeakers.
- Great Monitors – The Behringer Eurolive B208D model offers a trapezoidal design which allows for the cabinets to be placed on their side. Positioning them on the side allows for an ideal angle and onstage monitor wedge applications. The hookup is easy as it only needs a single XLR or ¼” cable. You can also chain additional monitors together using the XLR link output jack that is located on the rear panel.
We love that this speaker is versatile and offers many uses. The additional line output provides the ability to link up additional speakers for an even more robust sound. Whether you want to create a sophisticated sound system or an instant PA system, the Behringer Eurolive B208D model will do the trick!
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
It is important to note that this speaker can be used in a large venue such as a wedding reception or high school dance. It can also be used in a gym or in a small concert hall for live performances. If you choose to use these speakers in a small rehearsal studio, it is important to keep in mind that you may experience a hissing noise when turned up to the top of the volume range. To mitigate this problem, consider using more than one speaker. For the price, this speaker gives a nice, full range sound that creates an enjoyable experience.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Customers appreciate that this speaker is made of high quality components, is lightweight while still durable, and can produce superior sound quality without draining their bank account. The versatility of this speaker is profound as you can use it during a solo performance and then again in a small rehearsal hall without skipping a beat.
The small size makes this speaker easy to transport places, however, if you have an interest in creating a great deal of sound in a large venue, you will want to consider either using more than one of these speakers or investing in a speaker system with a higher wattage and power ratio.
The Bottom Line
The Behringer Eurolive B208D speaker is affordable, lightweight, durable, and highly versatile. It can be used in a variety of venues and will produce great sound that will not disappoint. Whether you are looking for a power speaker that is great for vocals or to entertain a gathering at a high school dance, the Behringer Eurolive B208D model is a great speaker to spend your money on.