Our Thoughts On The Behringer Eurolive B115D
The Products We Reviewed – Click to go
In this review of the Behringer Eurolive B115D we are going to be covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specifications:
Speaker Size: 15″ – Watts RMS: 0 – Watts Peak: 1000 –Dimensions 12.3″ x 16.8″ x 28″ – Weight: 38.6 lbs
- High Power – The Behringer Eurolive B115D offers great versatility in the 2-channel mixer that also includes an individual mic as well as line inputs. In addition, the system provides volume controls and a dedicated 2-band equalizer that makes for the ultimate sound experience.
- Compact – This speaker is considered to be compact, lightweight, and offers a built-in wireless microphone that makes portability a great feature. The reason that the compact size and lightweight structure is of importance is because it doesn’t negatively affect the abundant sound that can be produced by the speaker. The ergonomic handles make the speaker easy to carry and setup on a standing mount with a 35mm socket or simply placed on the floor to be used as a monitor.
- Wireless Ready – While not included, it is important to note that this DJ speaker functions well with the Behringer digital wireless system. The Behringer ULTRALINK series wireless mics are an affordable buy and easily plug into the wireless port on the rear panel of the speaker for ease of use.
- State-of-the-Art Components – It is not every day that you can own a speaker that operates with state of the art components such as the 1.35” aluminum-diaphragm compression driver that promises high-frequency sound production.
What We Like
- The Latest Technology – We like that Behringer uses the latest technology in building their products. The notable class-D amplifier is used in this model and offers a great deal of power and outstanding sound performance. We also like that this speaker can be turned on its side and used as a studio monitor as well as a standard speaker.
- Power, power and more power – It is not uncommon for a speaker to have great power. After all power is needed to produce abundant sound that can reach a crowd. What makes the Behringer Eurolive B115 model unique is that it offers a 15” long-excursion driver that produces deep bass and acoustic power. The 1000-Watt 2-Way PA sound reinforcement speaker offers live and playback applications. Finally, the class-D amplifier delivers sonic performance from a lightweight speaker.
- Sound Quality – As mentioned before, this speaker is lightweight and easy to move around from one gig to the next. We love that the lightweight construction does not take away from the abundant sound quality that is produced from the compact design.
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The Behringer Eurolive B115D speaker is best suited to a novice DJ, someone who enjoys entertaining at home or at a house party. Others who benefit from this speaker include those who host conferences, play music at a house of worship, or enjoy entertaining a crowd. Teachers, coaches, and others who have an interest in producing sound for an audience would greatly benefit from using this speaker. If you need a speaker for a larger engagement such as a large gathering, you will want to consider adding a subwoofer or daisy-chaining to other speakers to increase the sound.
Shop For This Speaker On Our Recommended Retailer
What Customers Are Saying
Customers are pleased with the lightweight, compact structure and that the speaker does not weight over 40 pounds, however produces sound that sounds like it is coming from a substantial speaker system. Another great perk to using this speaker is that you can use additional equipment to substantiate the speaker even further. For example, add a wireless mic for ease of use or daisy-chain the speaker to connect with an iPad, tablet, or computer.
Sometimes, a product’s greatest asset is also its greatest weakness. In this case, the Behringer Eurolive B115D speaker can connect with additional equipment such as a subwoofer, wireless mic, or a monitor. The downfall is that all of these items will need to be purchased in addition to the speaker as they are not included with the speaker purchase.