Our Thoughts On The Alto Professional TS212S
Products Reviewed on This Page – Click to go
In this review of the Alto TS212S we are going to covering 5 important areas which include key features, what we like, pros and cons, who is this product best suited to and what customers who have bought the speaker are saying about it.
Ready? Let’s get started with this speakers key specfications:
Speaker Size: 12″ – Watts RMS: 625 – Watts Peak: 1250 –Dimensions 17.8″ x 18″ x 20″ – Weight: 44.3 lbs
- High Power Output: – You might wonder how exactly the A lot allows you to play such low bass frequencies. Well, the answer is in its high peak power output. The amplifier integrated into the subwoofer can easily handle 1250W of peak power. This means you will only hit the peak power at an exceptionally big bass note or a very loud note.
However, the continuous or the RMS power of the Alto is no less either. With 625 W of continuous power output, you can surely play the most accurate sounds and notes. You might worry such high powers will definitely result in hikes in your electric bill. Well, the Alto Subwoofer only consumes 450 W of power.
- Input/Output: – The Alto subwoofer features two XLR+1/4 inches combo inputs as well as 2 balanced XLR outputs. This means you can say goodbye to all noise interference. It does so by using two inverted pins so any noise that is captured at both the ends is immediately terminated.
- Portable Rugged Cabinets: – The speakers are housed in a very durable and rugged plywood cabinet. These are internally braced and are equipped with recessed metal handles on both the sides so you can easily lift them up and carry them around.
- Passive Cooling: – Also featured is a passive cooling design that uses no fans to allow for a quieter and cleaner run. This also increases the long-term reliability of the product.
- External Controls: – The subwoofer features a wide variety of controls that allow you to produce the kind of sound you prefer. These include volume control, a high pass filter bypass switch, extended low-frequency switch and a polarity reverse switch.
The 12 inch Alto Professional TS212S Subwoofer comes jam-packed with a wide variety of features to help you deliver the most dramatic sounds. These features include:
What We Like
- Accurate Bass Sounds: – When it comes to most regular speakers, even high functioning ones fail to produce an accurate bass sound. However, these subwoofers definitely surprised us with how they stayed true to their original pitches and did not strain that. We believe the high peak power output is the one to thank for this amazing feature. Moreover, the no fan cooling design ensures no interference ever takes place.
- Durability: – The plywood cabinets are quite durable. They can suffer through the most rugged of conditions and still come out through unscratched. Also, the numerous electronic protection devices such as the thermal and transducer overdrive ensure that the device remains functioning for a longer time. So, you can be as rough with them as you want, they will still continue working their job.
- Portability: – Since the cabinets come with two metallic recessed handles, carrying the subwoofer is a breeze. It merely weighs 45 lbs, which is quite light when it comes to speakers. We found these subwoofers very easy to carry or lift up and down.
When it came to testing the Alto Subwoofer ourselves, we put it through a series of extensive tests. Here are the best things that we liked about the subwoofers:
Who Is This Speaker Best Suited To
The Alto Subwoofers are best suited for those want to get the low bass frequency sound accurate. It can be used by anyone, but perhaps studio managers and music producers need it more. They need to produce perfect pitches that when replayed would be exactly the same as when they were recorded.
However, these are not only for professionals. Audiophile geeks, as well as those who love a surround sound theatre, can benefit greatly from these machines. Even with home theatres, there might bass tones that your regular speaker simply cannot handle. We highly recommend you invest in these Alto Subwoofers for a more genuine experience.
What Customers Are Saying
Most customers, of course, love the accurate response this subwoofer has. Almost all of them noticed that the sounds were clear and were not strained. They thought that it could easily play even the biggest base hits with no problem.
Others seem to love the cabinet as they thought it looked very modern and chic. However, some customers did think that the Alto was not that powerful and it failed to deliver on some really high bass notes. However, they did think that the bass was perhaps too high for any speaker or subwoofer.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the Alto Professional TS212S Powered Truesonic Subwoofer is perfect for those who want to produce low bass sounds without straining them. These subwoofers are durable, portable and accurate. For music producers and DJs, these subwoofers have often proven to be their only choice.
Their remarkable features ensure that you always get the vibrant pitch. So, whether you choose to set them up in your home theatre or your professional studio, the Alto Subwoofers will never fail you.